ColinFarrellFrance
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

ColinFarrellFrance

Première source française sur l'acteur irlandais Colin Farrell

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Derniers sujets
» merci
interview net london boulevard EmptyLun 5 Juin - 12:19 par mari carmen

» london critic 17 janvier 2017
interview net london boulevard EmptyMar 15 Déc - 23:28 par Elemental

» info sur le film
interview net london boulevard EmptyMar 15 Déc - 14:30 par sophie

» european film award 12 decembre 2015
interview net london boulevard EmptyDim 13 Déc - 14:52 par sophie

» bifa 6 decembre 2015
interview net london boulevard EmptyDim 13 Déc - 14:51 par sophie

» info divers/rumeur
interview net london boulevard EmptyJeu 10 Déc - 21:00 par sophie

» les festivals
interview net london boulevard EmptyMar 8 Déc - 15:02 par sophie

» rumeur de projets
interview net london boulevard EmptyMer 18 Nov - 14:23 par sophie

» info sur le film
interview net london boulevard EmptySam 14 Nov - 23:54 par charline97

Partenaires
sophielovescolin / b.moynahan / journal de CF
Le Deal du moment : -15%
(Adhérents) LEGO® Icons 10318 Le Concorde
Voir le deal
169.99 €

interview net london boulevard

AuteurMessage
sophie
Admin
sophie

interview net london boulevard Empty
MessageSujet: interview net london boulevard   interview net london boulevard EmptyJeu 25 Nov - 18:39

interview de BBC:

Colin Farrell makes crime pay in London Boulevard
By Neil Smith
Entertainment reporter, BBC News Farrell's latest film casts him as an ex-criminal seeking a new way of life
Continue reading the main story Related stories'Not such a fishy tale', says FarrellFarrell brings bad boy to big screen
Irish actor Colin Farrell discusses gangsters, vampires and the paparazzi as he promotes his new crime thriller, London Boulevard.

There is an endearing moment at the beginning of our interview with Colin Farrell, in London to hawk his latest project.

"Hi, I'm Colin!" he says in response to our greeting, following that with an introduction to his sister (and personal assistant) Claudine and an offer of a cup of tea.

Seeing as we have been waiting 40 minutes to meet him and that a poster bearing his visage stands outside in the hallway, such pleasantries might seem superfluous.

Yet it is refreshing to find a decade in the limelight has not robbed the one-time Ballykissangel star of his manners, or the air of genial humility that has endeared him to audiences even when his films left them cold.

A chilly fate may await London Boulevard, a muddled thriller set in an overly familiar world of Cockney hoodlums and violent ne'er-do-wells.

The film, written and directed by William Monahan, casts Farrell as Mitchel, a criminal fresh out of prison who gets drawn back into his former life while working as a bodyguard to a camera-shy movie star.

Farrell admits he has been acquainted in the past with certain individuals who have grappled with the same dilemmas his character does, some with more success than others.

'Brotherhood'

"I've met many people through the years who have a plethora of experiences that I could draw from," he tells the BBC News website.

"For this film I spent a little time with a couple of lads in London who had their beefs with the law back in the day.

"The one thing I saw was the level of brotherhood in this criminal world," the 34-year-old continues.

Keira Knightley (pictured on wall) plays the reclusive actress he is hired to protect
"There's a great sense of unity and community - a real sense of location and belonging."

We have been told personal questions are off the table, which means we must tread gingerly around Farrell's much-reported past as a hard-drinking hell-raiser.

Equally frowned upon would be enquiries into the recent break-up of his relationship with Alicja Bachleda, a Polish actress whom he met while making 2009 romance Ondine.

However, the scene in London Boulevard in which he kicks a pair of insolent paparazzos down a flight of stairs does invite some mild probing into his off-screen life.

Given his own occasionally fractious dealings with the fourth estate, was this a particularly satisfying sequence to shoot?

'Retribution'

"In reading that, I thought I would have more fun - that more of a sense of weak, diluted, personal justice would be felt," he concedes.

"I've had my run-ins with the good boys with the cameras over the years, so it made me laugh.

"I know I enjoyed the concept of somebody getting physical retribution in that way," he goes on. "But in doing it, it just became another scene.

"I was invested enough in Mitch that I didn't have my own personal relationship to it any more."

Farrell has clearly given a lot of thought to his London Boulevard character, a man "who finds himself at odds with the life he has created".

Farrell (r) played Danny Byrne in the BBC's Ballykissangel
"He's trying to extricate himself from the binds of his own internal empire," he muses. "He was born with a rage that took him down a particular path.

"His whole struggle in the story is trying to create a different trajectory for himself," adds an actor not unfamiliar with morally ambivalent roles.

Yet it is not all brooding introspection in the Farrell camp. His next movie, for example - a remake of 1985 horror comedy Fright Night - sees him get his teeth into a vampire.

"I wanted to have a bit of fun," he says of a film in which he shares the screen with former Doctor Who David Tennant.

"There was a levity to it, a lack of emotional involvement in a way. There wasn't so much weight or emotional turbulence."

Also in the pipeline is a reunion with his In Bruges co-star (and fellow Dubliner) Brendan Gleeson, set to direct him in a film version of the anarchic Flann O'Brien novel At Swim-Two-Birds.

"He's adapted the book beautifully and it's ready to go," he says. "Now it's just a matter of getting the finance in place."

London Boulevard is out in the UK on 24 November.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11745067?print=true
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://sophielovescolin.tumblr.com/
sophie
Admin
sophie

interview net london boulevard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: interview net london boulevard   interview net london boulevard EmptyJeu 25 Nov - 19:05

une de DP:
Posted by Dean Piper On November 21st, 2010

Colin Farrell is back on our silver screen sin new flick London Boulevard. The Irish star had to go cockney on us for his role as a bodyguard in the flick that also stars Keira Knightley and Ray Winstone. And the star tells me his accent was a worry in front of a die-hard Londoner like Ray. He laughed: “I had a great dialect coach who came to my house in LA everyday – put the kettle on and then we would sit down and practice.
“I’m happy with the way it turned out but it was intimidating doing it in front of Ray though, you can’t get anymore Cockney than him. I mean he’s a sweetheart and we got on so well – he’s deadly but I do find him a bit scary. Put it this way I shouldn’t have watched Scum when I was 11.
“Keira was a darling, such a lovely person to work with and I’m fond of her fella too – they are the sweetest couple, sweet down to earth, intelligent and just great.”
And the star sounds like he’s keeping his head down and out of the tabloids these days – in fact he comes across like quite the family man! “I’ve been working as much as I ever have, I just haven’t been in the headlines and long may that continue,” he said. “I learnt the hard way and it took me long enough. I’ve done some silly things and it’s been a ride, but I’m right where I want to be now with my sons and making great movies!
“Dublin is home but LA is where I live – my two little fellas are there and my two sisters have moved out. I spend as much time with my sons as possible, I took 10 months off after filming London Boulevard – such a luxury. But then I could be away again for four months so I have to make the most of when I can see them – being an actor is really like a glorified travelling salesman!”
He also tells me he is in negotiations to play Arnold Schwarzenegger’s role in a remake of eighties hit Total Recall. He added: “Yeah, I know people are talking about Total Recall – I mean it would be deadly, it’s a great script, I’d love to do it but I don’t know if I am yet – to play that role that Arnie made so famous would be amazing!” Good luck with that Col!

source:http://www.deanpiper.com/index.php/2010/11/21/exclusive-colin-farrell-talks-london-boulevard-being-a-dad-and-total-recall/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://sophielovescolin.tumblr.com/

interview net london boulevard
Page 1 sur 1