ColinFarrellFrance

Première source française sur l'acteur irlandais Colin Farrell

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Derniers sujets
» merci
Lun 5 Juin - 12:19 par mari carmen

» london critic 17 janvier 2017
Mar 15 Déc - 23:28 par Elemental

» info sur le film
Mar 15 Déc - 14:30 par sophie

» european film award 12 decembre 2015
Dim 13 Déc - 14:52 par sophie

» bifa 6 decembre 2015
Dim 13 Déc - 14:51 par sophie

» info divers/rumeur
Jeu 10 Déc - 21:00 par sophie

» les festivals
Mar 8 Déc - 15:02 par sophie

» rumeur de projets
Mer 18 Nov - 14:23 par sophie

» info sur le film
Sam 14 Nov - 23:54 par charline97

Partenaires
sophielovescolin / b.moynahan / journal de CF

Partagez | 

marriage equality 2015

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: marriage equality 2015   Sam 8 Nov - 18:23

sur le compte twitter 'mariage equality' une photo de colin avec un panneau  pour inciter au vote du "mariage pour tous" irlandais
[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Dim 16 Nov - 15:26

colin a ecrit une lettre ouverte publié dans le journal irlandais "sunday world" a propos du mariage homosexuel.

i think I found out my brother wasn’t grovelling in heterosexual mud like most boys our age when I was around 12. I remember feeling surprised. Intrigued. Curious. Not bi-curious before you start getting ideas.
I was curious because it was different from anything I’d known or heard of and yet it didn’t seem unnatural to me. I had no reference for the existence of homosexuality. I had seen, by that age, no gay couples together. I just knew my brother liked men and, I repeat, it didn’t seem unnatural to me.
My brother Eamon didn’t choose to be gay. Yes, he chose to wear eyeliner to school and that probably wasn’t the most pragmatic response to the daily torture he experienced at the hands of school bullies.
But he was always proud of who he was. Proud and defiant and, of course, provocative. Even when others were casting him out with fists and ridicule and the laughter of pure loathsome derision, he maintained an integrity and dignity that flew in the face of the cruelty that befell him.
I don’t know where those bullies are now, the ones who beat him regularly. Maybe some of them have found peace and would rather forget their own part of a painful past. Maybe they’re sitting on bar stools and talking about “birds and faggots” and why one’s the cure and the other the disease.
But I do know where my brother is. He’s at home in Dublin living in peace and love with his husband of some years, Steven. They are about the healthiest and happiest couple I know. They had to travel a little farther than down the aisle to make their vows, though, to Canada, where their marriage was celebrated.
That’s why this is personal to me. The fact that my brother had to leave Ireland to have his dream of being married become real is insane. INSANE.

It’s time to right the scales of justice here. To sign up and register to vote next year so that each individual’s voice can be heard
How often do we get to make history in our lives? Not just personal history. Familial. Social. Communal. Global. The world will be watching. We will lead by example. Let’s lead toward light

sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Lun 17 Nov - 20:16

Elemental

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Mar 18 Nov - 2:08

le "sundayworld a publié sur son site l'intégralité de la lettre

I’ve been fortunate enough to never have any issue with the idea of gay union.

I think I found out my brother wasn’t grovelling in heterosexual mud like most boys our age when I was around 12. I remember feeling surprised. Intrigued. Curious. Not bi curious before you start getting ideas.

I was curious because it was different from anything I’d known or heard of and yet it didn’t seem unnatural to me. I had no reference for the existence of homosexuality. I had seen, by that age, no gay couples together. I just knew my brother liked men and, I repeat, it didn’t seem unnatural to me.

My brother Eamon didn’t choose to be gay. Yes, he chose to wear eyeliner to school and that probably wasn’t the most pragmatic response to the daily torture he experienced at the hands of school bullies.

But he was always proud of who he was. Proud and defiant and, of course, provocative
Even when others were casting him out with fists and ridicule and the laughter of pure loathsome derision, he maintained an integrity and dignity that flew in the face of the cruelty that befell him.

And this is why the forthcoming referendum is so personal to me. It’s about inclusion. It’s about fairness.
It’s about giving our lesbian and gay sisters and brothers back a right that should never have been stolen from them in the first place.

Speaking out in support of equality in all its forms is a moral necessity if we’re to have a society where peace, compassion and kindness become the ruling classes.
Only love in action can stamp out the wilting toxicity of the intolerant among us.

Only ink on paper can truly prove that the Irish people are who we’ve held ourselves proudly to be – a people who, in the majority, are deeply feeling and have a natural and abiding lean towards inclusion and fairness, heart and hospitality.

This referendum is a chance for us to arise. To wake up to the conviction that true love from the heart of one being to another cares not for the colour, nor the creed, nor the gender of who it chooses to share that path with.

We have a chance to effect a change that’s about recognising no one love is greater than another by virtue of tradition. We have a chance to simply tip our hats to love in all its kaleidoscopic and majestic forms.
I’m not sure if I can vote online. As I write this in my bed at 2am I realise I’ll have to check that out. If I can’t, then these words stand as my testament to what my heart believes.

Eamon did not choose to be gay, no more than I chose to be straight. It’s all a trick, a sleight of nature.

I don’t know where those bullies are now, the ones who beat him regularly. Maybe some of them have found peace and would rather forget their own part of a painful past.
Maybe they’re sitting on bar stools and talking about “birds and faggots” and why one’s the cure and the other the disease.

But I do know where my brother is. He’s at home in Dublin living in peace and love with his husband of some years, Steven. They are about the healthiest and happiest couple I know. They had to travel a little farther than down the aisle to make their vows, though, to Canada, where their marriage was celebrated.

That’s why this is personal to me. The fact that my brother had to leave Ireland to have his dream of being married become real is insane. INSANE.
I can jump into my car now, drive four hours to Vegas from Los Angeles, get drunk and meet a woman and have Elvis marry us for $200.
And yet in many states in America, if I were gay, I couldn’t marry.

In Ireland, a gay couple who wish to share their lives together, who wish to make that ultimate declaration which strikes the fear of God into some of us, are legally not permitted to do so.

It’s time to right the scales of justice here. To sign up and register to vote next year so that each individual’s voice can be heard. So that future generations will know that there was a day when the people of Ireland staked claim once more to their independence and that we chose to live independent of inequality.

This for me is all about the heart, not the gender. If it’s about the idea of love between consenting adults, then this referendum is as much a heterosexual issue as it is a gay issue.
It is for all of us that civil marriage equality must be realised. There are too many things that divide us as a people, let not this be another one.

Let this be about not only the matrimonial unity of a man and a man or a woman and a woman, but let it be also about the unity of a community, the unity of an island which has at its heart a gold that this vote speaks to.

How often do we get to make history in our lives? Not just personal history. Familial. Social. Communal. Global. The world will be watching. We will lead by example. Let’s lead toward light.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Mar 18 Nov - 15:40

cheers
ca c'est une putain de lettre!
mais ca va pas changer les mentalités.

dans ma famille c'est comme celle de colin, on a tous parfaitement accepter l'homosexualité de ma niece, elle ne nous l'a pas caché et n'a eu aucune peur de nous l'annoncé. par contre au lycée ca été dur pour elle. et meme dans son boulot aujourd'hui c'est chaud . quand j'entends a la télé qu'ils veulent abroger la loi sur le mariage ca m'ecoeure totalement.

une femme ou un enfant violé ou battue n'attire pas autant de monde dans les rues que ces personnes se disant de "bonne morale"

sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Dim 23 Nov - 21:09

apparement la lettre ouverte a eu un petit effet sur les irlandais

Le référendum de la qualité de mariage de l'année prochaine a atteint l'ordre du jour de nouvelles partout dans le monde - après l'acteur Colin Farrell a fait un plaidoyer passionné en faveur de la cause.
En termes vigoureux la pièce de Farrell appelant peuple irlandais de voter oui au référendum - publié exclusivement dans Sunday World week-end dernier - a été repris et commenté par organes de presse de premier plan partout dans le monde.
La nuit dernière, Andrew Hyland de Marriage Equality salué l'étoile pour mettre la question fermement sur l'ordre du jour avant la date limite de mardi pour les électeurs pour se assurer qu'ils sont enregistrés à l'avance du référendum du printemps prochain.

Canal de nouvelles Haut américaine NBC a rapporté que la pièce de Farrell fait valoir l'égalité de mariage "était sur le cœur, pas le sexe", tandis que People Magazine a déclaré que les paroles de Colin "appellent le gouvernement» pour ce qui rend impossible pour son frère Eamon se marier dans son pays natal.
Eamon et son mari Steven ont été forcés de se rendre au Canada pour attacher le noeud. La nuit dernière, Eamon a raconté comment il a été encouragé par la réponse aux paroles de son frère.

"Il a été incroyable. Les gens me ont demandé comment ils se inscrivent et lorsque le délai est."

sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Lun 16 Fév - 12:52

une interview de Eamon au Independente (Irlande)

Eamon Farrell: Little brother is watching you

His movie-star brother Colin gave a moving interview about him on Claire Byrne Live last month. Eamon Farrell tells Barry Egan about the bullying he received as a gay teenager in school, and how he hopes marriage equality will pass in Ireland because he wants his union with Steve Mannion to be as equal as any other person's marriage
Little brother was watching him. One day in 1985 Colin looked under his big bro Eamon's bed at home in Castleknock, curious at the box with a lock on it. I ask Eamon why Colin decided to look under his bed that day. "Because it was locked. Because it was forbidden - he was always after what's forbidden
"So, he opened up the box," Eamon, who has more than a touch of the Robert Downey junior about him, continues the story. "He was only 9 or 10. He saw Gay Community News. He went, 'Oh My God, Eamon's gay! It's true what they're all saying.' He went downstairs and he said to mum and the girls [sisters Claudine and Catherine]. 'Will you sit down at the table? I've something to tell you.' Because he was a little man!" laughs Eamon now. "He said to them: 'Eamon's gay.'"

"And mum says," laughs Eamon - who told his mother Rita about his sexuality when he was 12 - "'We know.'"

"And Colin burst into tears, because he was only about 8 or 9. 'Why didn't you tell me!'"

In 1992, Eamon Farrell completed a degree in psychology at University College, Galway, ostensibly to find out who he was. Who Eamon was, was a young man who had been through a lot - sometimes too much - in his life but came through it. He personified that Nietzsche quote of what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. It didn't kill him but he will never forget the physical bang of his head against the cold, hard marble as his head was forced violently into the toilet bowl when he was 14 by his bullies in Synge Street, where he went to school.

Eamon, who is 47 now, can still taste the dirty toilet water in his mouth. "The head down the jacks, and the bruises, you know, that was really disgusting, disgusting, because it was so visceral. It is so hard to forget because it was so cold.

"It was that marble in Synge Street. It's kind of like The Terminator that moulds into something else. The floor was all marble and the walls were all marble but so were the toilet bowls, they were that marble as well. They banged my head. I used to be shit scared. I would never go to the toilet on lunch break, ever. I would always ask to leave the class."
Does he retain the physical memory of that in his stomach when he remembers those times?

"Oh my God," he says, literally breathing in at the thought. "If I drive past Synge Street now going up to Camden Street . . .I can remember the days. There is a fire exit at the side of the building and I used to hide in there all the time. I was 11 in junior school when I had my head flushed down the jacks."

Eamon can still hear the words, "fucking faggot", "fucking queer", "fudge-packer", "pansy", "nancy boy", among other Neanderthal vituperation, ringing in his head as his tormentors pushed his little face right down into the bowl. (He had bruises on his head as much as bruises on his psyche perhaps.)

There were many other times when he would have blood on his school shirt from being punched in the face and called abusive names. Other tales of his torment included having his school-bag thrown out top windows, or holding in his stomach in pain, as he would be kicked up the backside or in the balls by the bullies. "The wedgies were the worst. I used to go home with my balls black and blue. I was beaten up and I had black eyes." This is Eamon Farrell's truth and he has waited all his life to tell it.

"The bullying started so early but I never let it get to me. It was always a struggle. So in the struggle and in the fight I found the strength to be who I was. I remember Boy George doing an interview [about receiving homophobic abuse] saying that the most important thing was to keep walking but to keep your head held high. And that the minute you drop your head or your shoulders, it is all over. I was very witty and sharp-tongued. Oh - I would rip them apart."

This would include Eamon retorting with lines like: "That's wasn't what you were saying last night when I was riding your father!"

"That would make them worse sometimes," Eamon explains, adding that the kicks and punches raining down on his defenceless body might have been as painful as the words they threw at him, but he was determined not to let the experience break him, or, as we will see, shape him.

He never told his parents what was happening to him at school. Coming home from school, he would hide his bloodied shirt and, more crucially, his emotions from his parents and his siblings. To hide that amount of psychological pain from his family from the age of eight to 15 - when he left Synge Street - Eamon Farrell must have been an actor on a par with his younger brother Colin.

Colin, he says, "protected me. Now he is eight years younger than me, but he acted the part of the big brother. Because I'm not aggressive at all, or violent at all - I hate fighting. But he would do that for me. Colin would protect me. If someone called me names on our road he would go out and kick the shit out of them."

"I remember one young fella out on the road shouting, 'You Faggot Farrell.' Colin went out and kicked the shite out of him. Honestly! The little size of him! He was a little terrier, but I. . .wasn't."

Eamon remembers his earliest childhood memory was "the first time I was called a name. I had long hair. Someone called me 'Girly.' I remember then thinking, 'Why are you calling me Girly? I'm not a girl. I'm a boy.'"

"I remember that very clearly. I was four," says Eamon, 43 years on. "I can tell you what he looked like and where it happened. He had cropped, dark hair and he was small. It was in the yard off Glasnevin Avenue, in the school there. I always felt different to the rest of them," he explains, before adding crucially "but I am not different. I'm completely normal. I'm completely the same as everybody else.
"But then, I was different, because, I suppose, I would never not be gentle. I think the big thing that they were threatened by is that I'm really gentle in my nature when I'm dealing with people. I would take the punch rather than hit anybody back."

I ask him was it almost the harder you punch me and the louder you call me names, the stronger I will become.

"For eight years I really thought: 'I will beat these guys by just being me. They will eventually learn that I am not that different to them.' But then by the time I got to 15, I did really well in my Junior Cert and I had had enough. There was literally a day where I had had enough." And that day was the day he got his Junior Cert results. He went home to his mum and said, "I'm getting bullied. I need to leave that school."

Eamon says "to this day, my mother says to me: 'Why didn't you tell me?'"

During that cathartic conversation with lovely Rita all those years ago, Eamon told her the reason he didn't tell her about the bullying and the abuse was because "he didn't want the bullies to win and I didn't want to upset you."

"It was like control. It's like an eating disorder where it's not about the food, it's about controlling it. It wasn't about the beating or the bullying or the blood on the shirts. It was about controlling my own emotions, and if I could control them, then I was winning," he adds.
His mother said to Eamon when he told her, "You can go to any school you want." Eamon choose St Michael's in Ailesbury Road in Dublin 4, because there was a guy around the corner from where Eamon lived in Castleknock who he had "the biggest" - unrequited - "crush on ever. He was going to Michael's. So that's why I went to Michael's! That's the only reason! He was a year ahead of me. He is married now with two kids. He is just lovely. His sister's kids come here," Eamon says, referring to The National Performing Arts School in The Factory on Barrow Street that he and his lovely business partner Jill Doyle (her husband Fraser McAlister is Bono's guitar guru) set up in 1994.

Unrequited love notwithstanding, Eamon "absolutely blossomed" in his new school. "I had a ball in Michael's, the best time ever. In Synge Street when I used the defence mechanisms that would get the shit kicked out of me, these guys in St Michael's laughed and thought I was funny," he says. "Plus also at 15, 16 and 17, a lot of guys start wondering about their own sexuality. So I had more guys in Michaels falling in love with me for the two years than I've had in my whole life."

Did it ever go any further?"Oh yeah, a couple yeah. They went off and got married and they'll be sitting down and reading this on Sunday with their wives.

"I had done eight years in Synge Street, of it being really, really terrible. I was so afraid to go to the jacks any time because I would get my head pushed into the bowl. I remember their names. I remember their faces. They used to give me a really awful time for years."

How did he overcome the painful memories?

"I talked about it a lot to people. I have a really good best friend, Jill, and I married Steven. But I did a degree in psychology as well and I suppose at the start, it was like, 'Let's just sort me out and see why I am the person I am and how did my childhood affect me and stuff.'"
Asked to describe his siblings, Eamon, the eldest, says gorgeous Claudine is "very bubbly, very sweet"; equally beautiful Catherine is "the most reserved of us"; and while the Clarke Gable-esque Colin "is my baby brother. He hates when I call him that. But he is," Eamon laughs adding that he "fucked up badly as a big brother. It was all my fault!" he roars with laughter.

"I brought Col to the POD nightclub on Harcourt Street when he was 16. He ended up hanging out with all the beautiful people in the POD at that time when they were in their mid 20s and he was 16! It was way too early! Wildness! I remember mum one day when Col was doing his Leaving Cert or he had school or something and she was going around knocking on people's flats trying to find him. And he had been in the POD all night!"

Eamon started wearing eye-liner when he was 12. He explains that the eye-liner wasn't in the context of the music he liked. It was in the context of being gay. "Between the ages of 9 and 15, I didn't say a sentence without the word gay in it. I was so confrontational about that with people. I knew.

"I was in love with guys in my class when I was 10 and 11 years of age. I wanted to marry them. It was so real for me. I never came out, because I was never in. Honestly. There was never an issue. I've never kissed a girl in my life.

"I never had to realise. I just kept falling in love and having crushes on guys in my class when I was 10 and 11 and 12. When others were playing with their Action Men, I honestly had two Action Men living in the doll-house."

He recalls how his grandmother Lilly Monaghan brought him back a pair of cowboy boots once from a trip to New York. "I used to leave the house in the morning with the cowboy boots on under my school uniform and by the time I got to school, I would tuck the school trousers into the cowboy boots. I would have coloured my hair but I wasn't Quentin Crisp," he adds, referring to the gay English eccentric.
Eamon says he had his first boyfriend when he was 20 in Galway. He says he went out with one guy at the start of his 30s for two years - "which wasn't great. He just wasn't the right person for me and it wasn't the right mix."

"Then after him, I met Steven," he says, meaning his husband, Irish artist Steven Mannion. "So I'd had very few boyfriends in my life. This is the whole thing: I might be the gayest man in Ireland - and might never have said a sentence without equality, marriage or gay in it for the last ten years - but I've had very few boyfriends."

Why was that? "I always liked being on my own. I'm totally gentle," he smiles. "I wouldn't get involved in the rows. I'd prefer to just move away from them and find peace. And that's why it works with Steven so well, because he doesn't row either. He just smiles, and is happy all the time. I've never met anyone in my entire life, honestly, of so many thousands of kids and so many thousands of people through the door of this place who are like him. He never stops smiling. And when I met him in the beginning, like on the first few dates, I thought, 'Is this a little bit odd?'"

"But in the ten years we have been together, I'd say there have been two days when he has been in a bad mood."

Further evidence of Steven's impenetrably good humour, says Eamon, is that "he would sing first thing in the morning. That's how I know he is awake in the morning, because he starts to sing. Now in July - I promise you this is the truth - Steven sings 'The weather outside is frightful, let it snow, let it snow!' I promised myself ten years ago never to say to him, 'Stop singing', because who wouldn't want someone singing in their lives to them every day? And being happy every day? It's a reflection of his personality."

"He is absolutely the love of my life," Eamon gushes, like a teenager.
What does he love about Steven?

"His heart, his kindness, his laugh, his desire to protect me and his smile," Eamon smiles, positively beaming.

Eamon and Steven, who met in the summer of 2004 in Renards nightclub in Dublin, married in Vancouver in Canada in 2009. He says he wants marriage equality to pass in Ireland "because I want equal rights for gay people in Ireland. I want my marriage and my relationship to be every bit as important, recognisable and equal as any of my straight friends and couples. Steven is the first person I think of every morning and the last person I think of at night, he'd my best friend, my lover and my whole world. We have a home together in Sandymount, and a life together, we have a mortgage and bills and dogs, Bess, Rosie and Lilly, and in-laws.

"He cooks for me, I iron for him. He is not my boyfriend or my partner or my buddy. He's my husband and I think that Ireland is ready to recognise that and embrace our place in society as an equal married couple."

He adds stridently, his striking green eyes full of passionate intensity: "There is no one who knows me and Steve - I mean, no one - who is going to vote no. People keep going on about marriage being the same for generations. It hasn't. It hasn't even been the same for 50 years. The black vote came in in America in 1967. Society changes all the time. It has to.

"They are trying to say now it is not about equality. It is only about equality. It is not same sex this or man-man this.

"It is equality. It is being equal to our straight friends and straight families and it is about family rights for the kids of gay people as well. So they can say their gay parents are married, the same as every other parent."

Sunday Independent

sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Sam 23 Mai - 14:43

les irlandais ont votés OUI en majorité hier!
felicitation
cheers cheers

Elemental

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Sam 23 Mai - 15:14

Futur mariage dans la famille Farrell !!!
sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Sam 23 Mai - 18:38

oui Eamon et steven vont pouvoir être légalement marié en irlande

sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Dim 24 Mai - 10:39

Aujourd'hui, Colin Farrell est particulièrement fier d'être irlandais! L'acteur, qui fêtera ses 39 ans le 31 mai, loue son pays pour être le premier au monde à avoir légalisé le mariage homosexuel par referendum. A la suite d'un vote populaire, le "oui" l'a en effet emporté à 62,3%.

"L'Irlande a ouvert son coeur tellement grand que le monde entier l'a ressenti, a-t-il déclaré. En 24 heures, nous avons changé notre destin, nous avons ouvert la voie et assuré un futur plus lumineux et plein d'amour pour tous les citoyens d'Irlande. Bravo à eux."

En novembre dernier, Colin avait adressé une lettre au "Sunday World" en demandant à ceux qui votent, en Irlande, de soutenir les droits des homosexuels. Car ce combat le touche personnellement…`

"Mon frère Eamon n'a pas choisi d'être gay, avait-il écrit. Mais il a toujours été fier d'être qui il est. Fier et rebelle et, bien sûr, provocateur. Mais quand les autres le rejetaient avec leurs poings, le tournaient en ridicule et s'en moquaient avec une légèreté pleine de haine, il gardait une intégrité et une dignité qui volaient bien au-dessus de la cruauté dont il faisait l'objet."

Il révéla aussi qu'Eamon dut aller au Canada pour pouvoir épouser légalement son mari. "On n'a pas souvent l'occasion de changer l'histoire, avait-il ajouté pour les lecteurs du 'Sunday World'. Ce n'est pas seulement une histoire personnelle, mais familiale, sociale, communale, globale. Le monde en sera témoin. Nous montrerons l'exemple. Dirigeons-nous vers la lumière (…) Chaque particule de mon être soutient ce vote."

Il a été entendu!

ludivine03

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Ven 29 Mai - 21:38

Je trouve ça super que le vote soit passé et que les homosexuels peuvent ENFIN avoir le droit de se marier !!!!!!
sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Mar 9 Juin - 14:01

colin egratigne l'eglise catholique irlandaise decu de la legalisation du mariage:
Colin Farrell says the Catholic Church got it wrong when it criticized the recent decision by voters in Ireland to legalize gay marriage.

"It was really funny because one of the arguments when the vote went through was that the church came out and said, 'You know, this was a dark day for Ireland,' and all you could see was literally rainbows everywhere, posters of rainbows, T-shirts of rainbows, men and women hugging, men and men hugging, women and women hugging, and yet cut to, 'This is a dark day in the history of [Ireland],'" the Irish actor, 39, told E! News this weekend.

"A dark day in the history of a country is internal civil conflict and war and bloodshed," the father of two added. "It was a great day."

Vatican: Irish Gay Marriage Vote a 'Defeat for Humanity'

Ireland Promotes Gay Weddings in New Campaign

Ireland became the first country to legalize same-sex marriage by a popular vote on May 22. Afterward, the Vatican's secretary of state called the Irish vote a "defeat for humanity."

Farrell, who has a gay brother, has been an outspoken advocate of LGBT rights.

Before the vote, his brother, Eamonn, had to leave Ireland to legally marry his husband, Steven.

"I was a bit concerned about him; he put himself on the line greatly for a cause that he believes in and a message that he wanted to see brought to the point of being a constitutional change," the "True Detective" star told E! about his brother. "I'm sure he will be married [in Ireland] within the next year. He got married in Vancouver seven or eight years ago to his husband, but I think it's time he'll enjoy a home-grown celebration."

sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Jeu 23 Juil - 20:00

une petite video de soutien pour Liverpool pride

sophie
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   Sam 25 Juil - 16:55

une bonne et une triste nouvelle dans la famille de colin:
la bonne:
Eamon va épouser Steve a dublin en fin d 'année et colin sera -de nouveau- son témoin. un mariage a la maison dont ils rêvaient! félicitations aux (futurs) maries

et la triste: les garçons viennent de perdre leur tante elizabeth. condoléances a leur famille.

Totally and utterly heartbroken. RIP Aunty Liz," he wrote. He also posted a pic of Liz with family members and said, "Ar dheis lamh De go raibh a anam dilis."

Colin (39) who is based in the US may return to Dublin for the funeral.

In happier news, last week it was revealed he will be best man for Eamon at Eamon's second wedding to husband of six years, Steven Mannion.

The ceremony is expected to take place at the Dublin Arts School The Factory at Christmas next year.

The couple originally married in Vancouver in Canada in 2009.

Speaking to Independent.ie recently, Eamon said, "Hopefully by then they will allow civil ceremonies in different venues in Ireland. I would hate to be in the registry offices."

Eamon and his partner Jill Doyle have run The National Performing Arts School at The Factory for decades but recently it has moved to The Lir Academy and "a couple of other places in Grand Canal Dock" until next year while the whole site is being developed.

"David Norris said he would be my Matron of Honour! The Honeymoon will be LA to spend time with my family," he added.

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: marriage equality 2015   

marriage equality 2015
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1